Our feet go through a tough time in our everyday modern life, our uncomfortable foot wears and long lines can lead to discomfort and affect our overall health. That’s why you need to take extra care of your feet and toenails.
To have gorgeous looking feet and toenails, here are some useful foot care tips.
KEEP YOUR TOE NAILS HEALTHY
This procedure will help relieve ingrown toenail pain.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to 4 cups of water.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
- Place clean dental floss under the edge of your nail and lift it up gently.
- Treat the area with antiseptic.
- Bandage your toe to protect it from getting infected.
Repeat this process daily, until your toe is fully healed. If these procedures are not making your toenail any better and you see some signs of infection, then you should see a doctor immediately.
KEEP YOUR FEET DRY
One of the basic principles of hygiene is to keep your feet dry, since moist conditions create a favorable environment for fungus to grow. Do the following to keep your feet dry.
- Don’t wear the same pair of shoes several days in a row.
- Wipe your feet thoroughly with a towel after taking a shower.
- Choose shoes made from natural materials that would let your skin breath.
TRIM YOUR TOENAILS PROPERLY
Improperly trimmed nails may result in ingrown toenails which can be quite painful. Here are some useful tips to keep this away.
- Trim your toenails straight across don’t round the corners.
- Don’t cut your toenails too short, it may result in ingrown toenail or an infection.
- Avoid cutting your cuticles, you can gently push them back toward the base of your nail with an orangewood stick.
SOAK YOUR FEET IN WARM WATER
To make your heels feel really soft and your feet look gorgeous, soak your feet in warm water for 15-20 minutes once a week. You can use different ingredients to re energize your feet such as salt, essential oils or herbal infusions. Also use a foot scrub or pumice stone to remove dry and dead skin from your feet afterwards.
MOISTURIZE YOUR FEET
It is best to use creams that contain Dimethicone, Lanolin and Vaseline, as well as moisturizing ingredients such as glycerin and lecithin. Never moisturize the areas between toes as it can cause fungi growth.
MASSAGE YOUR FEET
Foot massage is the best remedy to rid of fatigue, improve blood circulation and keep your feet healthy. You can buy a special foot massager, place an ordinary tennis ball or any round object under your foot and start rolling it back and forth from your toes to your heel.
By Precious Daniella | Erhionads